HIL simulators for radio signals
Testing of communication, navigation, and radar systems using software and hardware modeling has relatively recently entered the arsenal of avionics and space electronics manufacturers, aerospace technicians.
Static beacon simulators, delay lines, and specialized equipment cabinets are giving way to compact, universal Software-Defined Radio transceivers with powerful processors and FPGAs, protocol simulators, and flexible APIs. This allows you to create simulated systems and real-time environments and leverage the benefits of HIL for radar, autopilot, takeoff and landing, collision avoidance, space communications, and more.
Semi-natural stand for SUVSH
Objective: Comprehensive modeling and HIL testing of the landing gear control system as part of the digital twin of the entire aircraft and tests at the Iron Bird stand.
Solution: Using NI Veristand and PXI hardware, creating a semi-natural bench based on software models. Gradual progress from mathematical models to testing a real system.
Integration of SUVSh using models
Simulation of the SUVSh together with the simulation of the hydraulic system and the OMSS, using the PA9 software (Bauman Moscow State Technical University), Amesim (Siemens), Matlab / Simulink (MathWorks), SCADE (ANSYS), С ++.
Verification of monitored parameters, interfaces, controllability and behavior. Conducting a test program.
Source: Report of PJSC Irkut Corporation, Aerospace Forum National Instruments 2019
HIL-simulator SUVSH with NI VeriStand and PXI
Software and hardware simulator SUVSH:
- PC with NI Veristand software package and SUVSH model;
- PXI input-output cards that generate and receive signals to / from the OMSS;
- Cables and connector blocks, signal conditioning.
Semi-natural test bench for testing the SUVSH functioning program
Gradually increasing the “reality” of the tests:
- Interaction of SUOSO, SUVSH, chassis models (outside the stand);
- Mode of HIL-simulator SUOSO with HIL-simulator SUVSH;
- Real OMSS mode with HIL-simulator SUVSH;
- Mode of HIL-simulator SUVSH and chassis hydraulics;
- Using real hydraulic system and landing gear.
Continuous registration of test data.
The main advantages of the approach and the stand
- Removing risks at the design stage;
- Working out the program of functioning without starting the equipment of the stand;
- Identification of problem areas during the integration of standard components and assemblies from subcontractors / suppliers;
- Reducing the risk of equipment breakdown during testing;
- Acceleration of the testing process;
- Automation of the PF testing procedure.